Boyfriend had to be treated in hospital after partner ‘pulled penis’ during argument


A man suffered a penis injury after he was repeatedly ‘pulled’ by his partner in a vicious attack after rowing over what to eat at his Birmingham home, a court has heard. The victim had to go to the hospital and have the wound patched up and was left with an embarrassing scar.

And despite a court order, Luke Lal then sent a series of abusive messages on a gay dating app, including one threatening to reveal the victim’s sexuality to his parents. Lal, 31, of Alcester Road, Moseley, who previously admitted to being assaulted and harassed, was given a 12-month suspended sentence for 18 months and ordered to do 150 hours of unpaid work.

Michael Shaw, prosecuting at Birmingham Crown Court, said the defendant and victim had been in a relationship for some time and there had been difficulties. An argument broke out at the victim’s home, which resulted in Lal punching him repeatedly in the head before grabbing his penis, causing a small laceration.

READ MORE: Fake cop broke into distressed woman’s house to steal her purse

He then went to the hospital where the injury was treated. A family court issued a non-assault order prohibiting Lal from having contact with the victim.

However, the defendant then texted him on an unregistered cellphone along with abusive messages after he created a fake Grindr account.

In a statement, the victim said what happened affected her mental health, family life and relationships. He said he received counseling and the scar reminded him of the trauma. He suffered from flashbacks, anxiety and depression and it left him “fuelled with anger”.

In handing down his sentence, Judge Paul Farrer QC said it was a strained relationship and “the fault lies with both parties”. He continued: “You and the victim argued and attacked him and punched him in the head repeatedly.

“You had your hands around his throat. You also grabbed his penis and pulled it forcefully about five times which caused a centimeter wound which then stuck and left a scar.

“Which the victim found embarrassing. You sent a relatively large number of messages over a period of approximately four months. They were abusive and you threatened to reveal his sexuality to his parents, a threat which allegedly caused him great distress.”

He added that the injury was to a “very sensitive part of your victim’s body”. But he said he took into account that it happened more than two years ago.

Simon Cadwaladr, defender, said: “It is set against the backdrop of a relationship between two men which started with high hopes but quickly deteriorated.” He said this resulted in the initiation of criminal charges against the two men.

Mr Cadwaladr said the assault happened after an argument over something as trivial as what to eat for dinner. Each of them behaved in an extremely unhappy way towards each other in the emotional breakdown of their relationship.”

We send daily court and crime updates straight to our inbox – sign up here.


Comments are closed.