Growing applications of methylcellulose fiber are therefore fueling the growth of the constipation treatment market
HYDERABAD, TELANGANA, INDIA, Sept. 28, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — IndustryARC in its latest report predicts the constipation treatment market size to reach $13.2 billion by 2027, with a CAGR by 5.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Treatment for constipation normally begins with diet and lifestyle changes. Laxatives are substances that influence the intestines in a way that causes bowel activity. Polyethylene glycol with or without electrolytes is more effective than placebo for the treatment of functional constipation. Methylcellulose fiber is used to treat constipation and to help maintain normal bowel movements. Currently, many opioid receptor antagonists have been shown in the treatment of opioid-induced constipation (OCI). Lactulose is a type of sugar used to treat constipation. According to surveys, linaclotide appears to be a well-tolerated and effective agent for patients with chronic constipation. Constant R&D to establish new drugs to treat constipation is expected to drive the constipation treatment market. The increasing application of methylcellulose fiber for the treatment of constipation is expected to propel the constipation treatment industry during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the outlook of the constipation treatment industry. The report offers a comprehensive analysis of the market, its main segments, growth factors, trends, drivers and challengers, key players and more.
Click here to browse the full summary of the report:
Key points to remember:
1. Geographically, North America (constipation treatment market share) accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market during 2022-2027. The growth would be driven by the growing prevalence of incessant constipation requiring the application of methylcellulose fibers in the North American region.
2. Constipation Treatment Market growth is driven by the growing number of elderly patients. However, the increasing reliance on over-the-counter (OTC) drugs is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the constipation treatment market.
3. Constipation Treatment Market A detailed analysis of the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of key players operating in the market would be provided in the Constipation Treatment Market report.
Want to know more about relevant information? Click here:
1. The therapeutics-based constipation treatment market can be segmented into laxatives, chloride channel activators, peripherally acting mu-opioid receptor antagonists, GC-C agonists, 5-HT4 receptor agonists and others. The chloride channel activators segment is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027.
2. North America held the largest constipation treatment market share with 40% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic constipation that requires the application of lactulose and linaclotide in the North American region.
3. The constipation treatment market based on distribution channels can be further segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies and online pharmacies. The online pharmacy segment is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period 2022-2027.
The Top 5 Players in the Constipation Treatment Industry are –
1.Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
2. Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
3. Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
4. Abbott Laboratories
5. AstraZeneca Plc
Click the following link to purchase Constipation Treatment Market Report:
Why choose IndustryARC?
IndustryARC is one of the world’s leading market research and consulting companies. It produces over 500 unique market reports every year. If you are looking for a detailed overview of a particular market, you can simply connect with the team at IndustryARC. You can not only buy your favorite market report from the website, but also get personalized support on specific reports.
A. Digestive Health Drinks Market
B. Acute care market